Fire extinguisher services
Fire extinguishers are often referred to as the first line of defense against fire. Valley Fire is a leading inspection, testing and maintenance provider for residential and commercial fire extinguishers throughout Chicagoland and Northern Indiana. We have the skilled personnel and equipment to identify all hazard types and find the appropriate extinguisher solutions.
Even in facilities equipped with advanced sprinkler systems, extinguishers are required. We are licensed and certified to install, inspect, test and maintain your extinguishers, keeping you up to code and your occupants safe.
We offer the following fire extinguisher services:
Our licensed technicians will make sure that your fire extinguishers are always ready to use by performing routine fire extinguisher inspection, testing and maintenance.
Fire extinguisher maintenance and certifications
Local authorities having jurisdiction require all business owners to maintain the extinguishers in their given space to ensure they are kept up to national fire code standards. In addition to recharging fire extinguishers, Valley Fire technicians can perform NFPA 10 required annual maintenance as well as complete 6-year and 12-year testing.
- Perform a thorough check and cleaning of each extinguisher and retag the extinguisher.
- Check for obstruction, operating instructions, safety seals and tamper indicators, fullness, physical damage, condition of nozzle, HMIS label, pressure gauge, pin placement, etc.
6-year internal maintenance
- Every six years stored pressure extinguishers must be emptied and a thorough examination of mechanical parts, extinguishing agent and expelling means shall be conducted.
- Discharge each unit, remove and examine valve and hose assembly, replace worn or defective parts, lubricate moving parts, install new seal, inspect internal cylinder, recharge and reassemble unit, apply 6-year sticker and retag.
We’ll make sure that your extinguishers are maintained and certified according to local, state and national requirements. Call us at (844) 771-3168 to find out more about our fire extinguisher services.
High-pressure and low-pressure hydrostatic testing of extinguisher cylinders
Valley Fire specialists are experts in hydrostatic testing, which is the process of filling a vessel with liquid and pressurizing it to ensure there are no leaks. Hydrostatic testing helps to ensure that fire extinguishers are ready to fight fires when called upon.
NFPA 10 mandates 12-year hydrostatic testing, which includes:
- Hydrostatic pressure testing of critical components to check for any leaks or structural damage
- Recharging, retagging and placing back into full service extinguishers that pass this testing
- Removing from service any extinguishers that fail this testing
For additional information on our fire system services, qualifications or a free quote, please contact us. Our specialists will provide all the needed information for your needs.
Fire extinguisher training
Valley Fire provides fire extinguisher training for public education and/or occupational safety training.
We can provide basic fire extinguisher education to groups or one-on-one training for employees, preparing people to properly handle small fires in the home or workplace.
Trainees learn the proper operation of a fire extinguisher using our state-of-the-art, digital, laser-driven simulator by BULLEX. This technology allows us to conduct fire extinguisher training anytime, anywhere, without the messy cleanup and expense associated with using actual dry chemical extinguishers.
We can simulate Class A, B and C fires at four difficulty levels, which can challenge even the most experienced fire extinguisher user. We tailor training to each company’s needs by conducting it indoors or outdoors in almost any environment.
Valley Fire Protection’s staff works directly with both architects and professional technicians to produce the designs. Our collaboration allows us to configure systems that meet the specific requirements of your job, no matter how large or small.
We understand the importance of following schedules, which is why our project managers work closely with the design-build staff, material suppliers and installers. Our experts will ensure the process runs smoothly, finishes both on-time and within budget.
We closely monitor each project all the way through from the quoting process to the final acceptance test.
Whether it is a pre-quoted and pre-scheduled service or an emergency repair, we offer peace of mind to our customers.
We are on call 24/7/365. Valley Fire Protection has a highly trained team of 30 service technicians with fully equipped vehicles positioned throughout Chicagoland and Indiana.
Semiannual, quarterly and monthly inspections
Valley Fire is certified to perform semiannual, quarterly and monthly fire extinguisher inspections. We check to make sure that:
- Each extinguisher is in its designated location and unobstructed.
- The pressure gauge is in operable range.
- The locking pin is in place.
- The tamper seal is not broken.
- There is no physical damage or corrosion.
- The last professional service date is noted.
- The tag is dated and initialed after our inspection.
Valley Fire is uniquely suited to install, test, maintain, certify and inspect fire extinguishers for residential and commercial facilities. We know that when an extinguisher is in working order, it can save lives and property.